If you are missing one or more teeth, it is important to visit your dentist near you to find the best tooth replacement options for your needs. Missing teeth are one of the common dental concerns we treat every day.
At Morristown Cosmetic Dentistry, we offer a wide range of tooth replacement options to suit your every need. Dr. Victor Gittleman takes a comprehensive approach to your treatment planning to ensure your treatment is right for you. We invite you to visit our Morristown, NJ dentist office to explore your tooth replacement options.
Why Should I Replace My Missing Teeth?
Missing teeth are more than just a cosmetic concern. Even one missing tooth can affect the way to chew, speak, and eat. not only does replacing missing teeth improve the appearance of your smile, but it also helps restore function and balance to your teeth.
Causes of Missing Teeth
As we age, it is normal to lose our baby teeth in order to make room for our adult teeth. What is not normal, however, is the loss of permanent teeth. Once we develop our permanent teeth it is crucial to develop and maintain healthy oral health habits to keep them in optimal health and function.
Taking proper care of your teeth and gums can reduce your risk of premature tooth loss. Visiting our Morristown dentist office near you regularly for routine dental exams and cleaning is a great way to protect your smile.
Common causes for premature tooth loss include:
- Gum Disease: Did you know gum disease is one of the leading causes of adult tooth loss? Maintaining a proper oral hygiene routine, visiting our office regularly, and quitting smoking are key to avoiding gum disease. When gum disease is left untreated, it can result in bone and tooth loss. Taking a proactive approach to your gum health can help you avoid complications in the future.
- Dental Trauma: Blows or injuries to the teeth and mouth can easily result in tooth loss. We recommend a custom mouthguard for all patients who play contact sports. A custom mouthguard is designed to protect the teeth, jaw, and soft tissues in your mouth from injury.
- Tooth Decay: Tooth decay is caused by plaque buildup on the teeth that are not properly removed. When left untreated, tooth decay can result in tooth loss. Regular professional dental cleanings and excellent oral hygiene are key to preventing tooth decay.
The Treatment Options For Missing Teeth
At Morristown Cosmetic Dentistry, Dr. Gittleman works with patients on an individual basis to assess their needs and recommend the best solution for their smile.
We use advanced dental technology to assess the condition of your teeth, gums, and jaw. With the results from our diagnostic testing, we determine which tooth replacement options are right for you. The treatment you receive may also depend on the location of missing teeth, the number of missing teeth, and your overall dental health.
Treatment options may include:
- Dental Implants: Implants are small titanium posts that are surgically placed into the healthy jaw bone. Dental implants replace the natural tooth root as well as the crown of the tooth.
- Dentures: Dentures are the ideal treatment for patients who are missing all of their teeth. Dentures can be removable and secured into place using strategically placed implants.
- Dental Bridge: A dental bridge literally bridges that gap between missing teeth. A bridge is comprised of dental crowns and a prosthetic tooth. For a more solution, a dental bridge can be secured using dental implants.
Missing Teeth FAQs
Is it bad to have missing teeth?
A missing tooth can open up many negative opportunities for your mouth. Even a single missing tooth can cause dental issues such as teeth shifting around the open space, gum disease, and more. Your mouth is at risk no matter how well you take care of your teeth after losing a tooth.
Can I get a denture for one tooth?
Yes. You can get a denture for a single tooth. This type of denture is called a partial denture. Partial dentures are removable and can replace several missing teeth located in any position of your mouth.
Can you get a bridge for 2 missing teeth?
Yes. A dental bridge can be used to replace between one to four teeth that would sit next to each other. Dental bridges are a great option for those not able to commit to more permanent restoration, such as dental implants.
Replacing Missing Teeth Near You
Are you missing one or more teeth, explore your tooth replacement options at Morristown Cosmetic Dentistry. To schedule an appointment, call (973) 287-3337 or request an appointment online.