Missing teeth can produce a multitude of problems, including jaw bone deterioration, difficulty eating or speaking, and self-esteem issues. With advancements in modern dentistry, there are more solutions available to address missing teeth than ever before.
Reasons for dentures:
- Missing a full mouth of teeth
- Missing an arch of teeth
- Improve smile and facial features
- Improved ability to speak and chew
- Enhanced confidence
At Morristown Cosmetic Dentistry, Dr. Victor Gittleman offers dentures and partial dentures that offer long-lasting, natural-looking results. Our Morristown, NJ dentist office offers personalized care and treatment plans for patients with missing teeth. We work with you on an individual basis to find the best solution for your dental health needs.
Dentures in Morristown, NJ
There are two main types of basic dentures and partials:
- Removable Dentures: A removal denture is a custom oral appliance that is held in place by a special adhesive that is applied daily.
- Fixed Dentures: A fixed denture, also known as implant secured dentures, is permanently fixed into place using strategically placed dental implants. Dr. Victor Gittleman provides All-on-4® Dental Implants as a modern alternative to traditional dentures.
Dr. Gittleman will discuss your treatment options and recommend the most suitable solution for your needs. The key to finding the right tooth replacement option is undergoing a complete examination and consultation with our team.
During your visit, we will explore factors such as:
- Jaw bone strength and overall health: It is essential to have an adequate amount of bone structure in the jaw to support dental implants. We may recommend bone grafting or sinus augmentation to prepare your jaw for implants.
- Budget: We will explore all of your treatment options and find one that best suits your budget and overall needs.
- Cosmetic goals: Missing teeth can have an effect on your self-confidence. We offer natural-looking, durable solutions for your tooth replacement needs. We use advanced technology to design and implement custom restorations for lost teeth.
What To Expect During The Dentures Process
Dr. Gittleman will perform a thorough evaluation of your teeth and jaw structure using advanced digital technology. He will discuss all viable options and recommend the best solution for your smile.
If you are receiving removal dentures, it will require several visits to our Morristown dentist office. If extraction is needed, we will extract the teeth prior to your appointment. Next, digital impressions are taken, and a temporary denture is placed while you wait. Dr. Gittleman will work with you to build custom dentures that blend naturally in the mouth.
If you are receiving implant dentures, we can perform all phases of your implant process in our Morristown dentist office. The first step is placing the implants into the jaw. They will require several months to heal and integrate with the jaw bone. Once healed, digital impressions will be taken for the fabrication of your denture. A temporary denture is usually placed to allow you to speak and eat normally during the fabrication process.
Do dentures cause people’s faces to change shape?
Dentures can be known to change the shape of people’s faces, but this does not happen for all patients with dentures. It is more likely to happen if a patient is getting dentures because they are missing teeth. In some cases, patients like the way that their face shape changes, but in some cases, they cause facial sagging.
What foods can I eat with dentures?
It is recommended that patients restrict themselves to a soft diet for the first few weeks after getting their dentures. This gives the patient time to adjust to their new teeth. Dentures function and feel like normal teeth, so once patients feel confident eating with their dentures they should be able to venture into any food group with no problems.
What is the best material for dentures to be made of?
Dentures are manufactured using a variety of different materials, each with different properties that match different patients’ needs. The most commonly chosen material is porcelain. It is the longest-lasting material and is made to match patients’ individual tooth shapes and colors. If you have questions about what may be the best material for you when choosing dentures, ask your dentist for their recommendations.
Schedule a Dental Exam & Consultation
Are you missing a full mouth of teeth and want to explore your tooth replacement options? Visit our trusted team at Morristown Cosmetic Dentistry. Dr. Gittleman can work with you one on one to assess your dental needs and determine if dentures are right for your smile. To schedule an appointment, call (973) 287-3337 or request an appointment online.