Please Watch our patient safety video for updated information on how we are keeping you safe as we reopen our dental practice and welcome back patients.
The dental office of Dr. Victor Gittleman has always exceeded all recommended and required infection control guidelines from OSHA, the CDC, and the ADA for the ongoing health and safety of our patients and staff. A clean and safe dental office is an important part of the high standard of dental care that we offer patients for their oral health needs. The daily cleaning and disinfection of all office areas, autoclaves for sterilization of tools and equipment, and aerosol reducing technologies are a part of our overall infection control protocols that have always been in place. The use of gloves, safety glasses, and patient chair covers is something we are already in the habit of doing as part of your office visit to maintain a clean and sterile environment.
In response to the recent COVID-19 pandemic, Dr. Gittleman has augmented our infection control and changed some of our patient check-in and treatment procedures to prevent the spread of the coronavirus and keep patients safe when visiting with us.
We ask that if you are sick or have been exposed to the coronavirus that you call our office to reschedule your appointment. If you have recently traveled please wait at least 14 days after returning to visit our office. These rules will remain in place until it is no longer a recommendation of the national health system and local governing bodies and are designed to protect all patients and staff.
COVID-19: What to expect at your next visit
Dr. Gittleman has implemented new patient check-in procedures as an important part of minimizing contact for proper social distancing and to allow time between patients to disinfect the office and operatories. If you have questions about these changes or what to expect when coming in for your dental appointment please feel free to contact our office directly.
What We Are Doing:
- Curbside check-in and waiting for your appointment in your vehicle. Our waiting room and its amenities will remain closed until it is considered safe to allow patients to relax there before their appointment once again.
- Patient appointments times are staggered to accommodate social distancing and ongoing sanitation of the office.
- Patient health screening and temperature checks: We will ask you to complete a brief screening questionnaire that must be submitted to our office prior to your arrival. Upon your arrival, we will have your temperature taken with a digital thermometer.
- Plexiglass partitions are installed at the front desk to provide contactless business transactions.
- We will be offering text to pay on your cell phone or contactless credit card processing on sanitized equipment. We will also be going paperless wherever possible and will email most documents and receipts.
- All staff will be in full PPE including N-95 surgical masks, face shields, and goggles for all procedures.
- UV light disinfection technology has been added to our office and operatories. This will support our cleaning and surface sanitation and target both the air and exposed surfaces with germicidal UV light energy.
- Medify air filtration using advanced HEPA filters are continually running to purify the air and reduce airborne pathogens in the office.
What Will Be Required of You
- Please park your car in one of the numbered spots in our rear lot and call to let us know that you are here. We ask that you remain in your car until we are ready to see you and we will come out to escort you directly to a treatment room. We request that patients enter the office unaccompanied. For those patients requiring a caregiver to accompany them, we ask that this be limited to one person.
- Patients will be required to wear a face mask when coming into the office.
- All clinical patients will be asked to rinse for 1 minute with an antimicrobial/antiviral mouth rinse before any treatment is started.
- Please do not bring extra guests that are not able to remain in a vehicle or wait in the parking lot during your appointment.
- Please complete our COVID questionnaire online prior to your dental appointment if possible. THANK YOU!